I was going to post about my great-grandfather again this week; however, I just got such great news that if I don’t share it, I’ll surely pop. Tickets are now on sale for this year’s Genealogy Event in New York City! It will be held October 17 and 18.
- it’s going to be at the National Archives in New York City, which is housed at its new historic location of the Alexander Hamilton Customs House at 1 Bowling Green in Manhattan. (Genealogy! Archives! History!)
- there will be special advanced-level sessions for those who want more.
- there will be awesome well-known speakers.
- there will be a Friday social event so you can get to know your fellow genea-geeks!
- although it will cost more than last year, it’s still less than one of the mega-conferences, and there is plenty of flexibility in the type of package you choose. Plus, I believe you’ll be getting your money’s worth!
- there will be a special DNA day on Sunday, October 19, with a session for beginners and advanced. (Final details are still being worked out.)
- there is actually a hashtag this year: #tge2014 . This makes it more tweetable, for sure!