The following is a “bare bones” account of the children of Elder John Strong. There are numerous resources on and off the internet about each one and their own lives.
As stated in my previous post, John’s first wife was Margery Deane and their son was also named John, born sometime between 1625 and 1633 in England. He married Mary Clark on November 26, 1656 in Windsor, Connecticut. After her death on April 26, 1663, he subsequently married Elizabeth Warriner in 1664. He died on February 20, 1697/8 in Windsor.
The children of John Strong and Abigail Ford were:
- Thomas, born in the mid- to late-1630s, probably in Hingham, Massachusetts Bay Colony; married Mary Hewett on December 5, 1660 (who died February 20, 1770/71); married Rachel Holton on October 10, 1671 in Northampton, Massachusetts Bay Colony; died October 3, 1689 in Northampton.
- Jedidiah, born May 7, 1637 in Hingham; married Freedom Woodward on December 18, 1662 (some records say November 18, 1662) (who died May 17, 1681); married Abigail (Bartlett) Stebbins on December 28, 1681 (who died on July 15, 1689); then married Mary (Hart) Lee on January 5, 1691 (who also predeceased him on October 10, 1710); died May 22, 1733 in Coventry, (probably Hartford County), Connecticut.
- Return, born circa 1641 in Taunton; married Sarah Wareham on May 11, 1664; then married Margaret Newberry on May 23, 1689; died April 9, 1726 in Windsor, Hartford County, CT; buried in Palisado Cemetery in Windsor.
- Ebenezer, born 1643 in Taunton; married Hannah Clap on October 14, 1668 in Northampton; died February 11, 1729 in Northampton; buried at Bridge Street Cemetery in Northampton.
- Abigail, born 1645 in Taunton; married Nathaniel Chauncey on November 12, 1673 in Northampton; then married Medad Pomeroy on September , 1686 in Northampton; died 1704.
- Elizabeth, born February 24, 1647 in Windsor, Connecticut; married Joseph Parsons March 17, 1668/69 in Northampton; died May 12, 1736 in Northampton; buried at Bridge Street Cemetery in Northampton.
- Experience, born August 4, 1650 in Windsor; married Zerubbabel Filer on May 27, 1669 in Windsor; died 1714.
- Samuel (twin to Joseph), born August 5, 1652 in Windsor; married Esther Clap on June 19, 1684 in Northampton, then married Ruth (Sheldon) Wright on October 28, 1698 in Northampton; died October 29, 1732.
- Joseph (twin to Samuel), born August 5, 1652 in Windsor; died young.
- Mary, born October 26, 1654 in Windsor; married John Clark on March 20, 1678/9 in Northampton; died December 8, 1738 in Northampton; buried at Bridge Street Cemetery in Northampton.
- Sarah, born 1656 in Windsor; married Joseph Barnard on January 13, 1675 in Northampton, then married Jonathan Wells on September 23, 1698; died February 10, 1733 in Deerfield, Hampshire County, Massachusetts; buried at Old Deerfield Burying Ground in Deerfield.
- Hannah, born May 30, 1659 in Windsor; married William Clark (brother of John Clark who married Mary Strong) on July 15, 1680 in Northampton; died January 31, 1683/84 in Lebanon, New London County, Connecticut; buried at Old Cemetery in Lebanon.
- Hester, born June 7, 1661 in Northampton, Massachusetts Bay Colony; married Thomas Bissell on October 15, 1678 in Northampton; died March 4, 1726 in Windsor, Connecticut.
- Thankful, born July 25, 1663 in Northampton, Hampshire County, Massachusetts Bay Colony; married Jonathan Baldwin by 1695; died March 5, 1726 in Milford, New Haven County, Connecticut; buried in Milford Cemetery in Milford.
- Jerijah, born December 12, 1665 in Northampton; married Thankful Stebbins (daughter of Abigail, Jerijah’s sister-in-law) on July 18, 1700 in Northampton; died April 24, 1754 in Northampton.
If you are descended from any one of these families, then I say: Hello, Cousin!